Posted by : Cường Bùi Thứ Tư, 15 tháng 1, 2014
Hôm nay mình giới thiệu tiếp cho các bạn 10 thành ngữ tiếng anh quen thuộc với chúng ta để dùng trong giao tiếp với người nước ngoài. Hãy dùng mọi biện pháp để nhớ và tận dụng tốt các thành ngữ này nha
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure: Phòng bệnh hơn chữa bệnh.
More advice is needed on how to stay healthy because, as we all know, an ounce of prevention is better than cure.
· As the twig is bent, so is the tree inclined: Môi hở răng lạnh/ Máu chảy ruột mêm/ Cành cong thì cây đổ
Alice's parents thought it was cute when she threw tantrums, and you'll notice that she still throws tantrums now that she's grown up. As the twig is bent, so is the tree inclined.
· Better luck next time: Thua keo này ta bày keo khác
Mary: Well, that's the end of my brand new weight lifting career.
Jane: Better luck next time.
· Clothes make the man: Lấy vợ xem tông, lấy chồng xem giống
Jim was always careful about how he dressed. He believed that clothes make the man.
· Enough is as good as a feast: No mất ngon, giận mất khôn
Jane: I wish I could offer you more lavish hospitality.
Jane: Don't be silly. Enough is as good as a feast.
· Experience is the father of wisdom: Đi một ngày đàng học một sàng khôn
I never understood why supervisors got so frustrated with me until I became a supervisor and got frustrated with my subordinates. Experience was definitely the mother of wisdom, in my case.
· Hunger is the best sauce: Đói thì cái gì cũng ngon
After our twenty-mile hike, we stopped at a little roadside restaurant. It may have been that they made the most delicious food in the world there, or it may have been that hunger was the best sauce.
· Little strokes fell great oaks: Nước chảy đá mòn
Jill: How can I possibly write a fifty-page report in two months?
Jane: Just write a little bit every day. Little strokes fell great oaks.
· Time and tide wait for no man: Thời gian không đợi chờ một ai
Hurry up or we'll miss the bus! Time and tide wait for no man
· Union is strength: Đoàn kết là sức mạnh
The students decided to join together in order to present their grievances to the faculty, since union is strength.